Taking on the Menopause with Attitude and Style
‘This book has the potential to be an amazing resource for women, men, healthcare professionals, children – in fact, anyone who knows a woman – to read, enjoy and learn about this part of life!’Dr Louise Newson, GP and Menopause specialist
When Meg Mathews hit menopause, she was shocked at the lack of awareness, understanding and support shown to women – and also found the information available far too dreary. After getting her symptoms under control she became determined to help other women avoid an experience like hers.
With approximately 13 million women in the UK going through menopause (for many this will be expected to last several decades) and life expectancy for women increasing, we all need to be educated about our options to optimise our future health.
‘I want to break down the taboos and communicate frankly about the menopause … This book is about giving you the knowledge of what to look out for and how to own it.’Meg Mathews
- The New Hot is Meg’s no-holds-barred guide to menopause designed to entertain and empower women in equal measure. It’s full of Meg’s personal insights as well as the latest information, case histories and advice from a wide range of menopause and lifestyle experts. Together they cover a wide range of issues, including:
- What the hell is going on? (a meno-audit of the 34 possible symptoms and how to start taking control)
- Hey Doc! I need help (how to ask your GP for the right support and treatment for you)
- Eat to beat your hormones (food as medicine, gut health, supplements and a meno- friendly eating plan)
- Look alive (skin-saving beauty and style tips)
- Vagina SOS (all about ‘down-there’ healthcare and two pelvic floor exercises that really help)
- To HRT or not HRT? That is the question (the hot topic of benefits, options, risks and who can have it)
- Menopause au naturel (managing menopause symptoms naturally when HRT isn’t for you)
- Let’s get physical (why exercise matters, how to do it and a 5-minute workout)
- Meg’s meno-dictionary (a quick guide to medical terms your doctor might use)
- Each section also contains some Take Control tips. These are the best practical suggestions that Meg and the experts and the rest of the MegsMenopause team have discovered over the last few years to get you through the day.
- Honest, empowering and entertaining with humourous illustrations, The New Hot will help you take on the menopause, to make the right choices for you – and keep your sense of self, style and humour intact.